Wednesday, 26 July 2017

You can't pass up good lighting...and other rambles.

I happened to be in the perfect spot at the gym jumping rope and noticed it.
Damn, I looked like I had muscles showing in the mirror.
So, of course, I had to go get my phone to snap a selfie.
I actually looked like I had some delt action going on.
If I could just stand in that spot all day...
I did step on the scale this morning and I have lost a few pounds.

I keep hearing about and reading about jackfruit and its amazing uses in food.
I looked for it a few times at the grocery stores around me, but had never seen it - even the canned version. Imagine my surprise when I was running in and found this.
It's not bad. At first I was a little taken aback when I opened it.
They aren't kidding when they say it's aromatic.
I was hesitant to taste it the aroma was so strong, but I put a 1/2 cup (suggested serving) over a 1/2 cup brown rice and warmed it up.
It's spicy, and the texture and taste definitely grew on me.
Now, the package looks small and cost $5.99 here, however, I did get 3 servings from it.
Would I buy it again?
Yeah, probably so. I would be interested if they put out other flavors.
Curry was the only one available at this grocery.

Let me let you in on this thing that's been happening on my journey this year.
I have become highly sensitive and emotional.
I notice scents, sounds, softness of fabrics even more.
Even though I have been pretty happy, I tend to cry at the drop of a hat.
Even funny  things make me cry.
My heart aches more at sad stories or pictures of dogs that need homes.
I mean, I cried at a meme of a hilarious dog shaming photo.
Now, I've heard this happens as one deepens their path of self-discovery, and I honestly thought it was a bunch of horse 💩
However, I may be reconsidering that assumption, lol.

I also find that I am craving more unplugged time and adventures.
I just want to hike, write, take beautiful pictures - okay, hubs takes the really beautiful photos.
I think we're both getting used to taking those four days every few weeks, driving away, pitching our cot tent and just wandering, sitting, talking...
.

.
Can I get paid for that?

No comments: