Thursday, 6 July 2017

Always food talk.

I am not saying that I am becoming vegan, however, I am implementing more vegan recipes into my daily meals. Let's face it, the increase in fresh fruits, vegetables, seeds and nuts are not going to hurt anything. I have found it easier to go without meat the past week, even for our Fourth Grilling, but I have yet to ditch the eggs, cheese, or honey yet.
And honestly, I probably won't ditch my local honey. I use it to help with the allergies induced since we moved here, and I would rather do that than actual meds. But I won't say never.
Here is a breakfast that I have been digging.

1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 Tablespoon chia seeds
1/2 Tablespoon flax seeds
1/2 Tablespoon hemp seeds
1/4 sliced banana
cinnamon
All Spice

Then, I just pour water from my tea kettle over it. Cover the bowl with a plate for about five to ten minutes...Done.

This picture was taken before I added the water.
So, we'll see how it goes!

We may take more trips into the mountains while the weather is nice, which means lots of unplugging. Not completely, as we do play music where we camp and I use my phone for the camera. But internet and cell service is zilch on those days and nights.
Perhaps more picture posts which means more Slick.

I know it's silly, but I have an attachment to my little Slick.

Here he is helping me mail out signed books, swag, book promo stuff and little thank you notes to readers. We were having a kale and fruit smoothing that morning before heading to the gym and post office.
Hell, I dont' have anyone else to talk to during the day 😁
Well, besides my furry heart...
Although he kind of wants to eat Slick.
He was upset here.
He had dug a hole, rolled in dirt, and just had an evil bath where he had to sit on the deck for a about twenty minutes, lol.
This may be why I have been hanging at the gym slightly longer in the morning to chat with the more than accomodating sixy and seventy year olds. 
I have reached out to a few people closer to where I live, but it's just not working out in that arena.
Oh well, it will work out.
At least, in between a few contract jobs, it allows me more time to do work that needs to be done around the house and property. Guess it balances out.





No comments: