Friday, 23 June 2017

There must be a reason and another destination

This is what I am telling myself, but I still can't help but feel disappointment and tears.

I had been in contact with a rather large domestic violence charity/shelter for about two months corresponding back and forth. I had proposed that I donate half of my sales from Ripped and Twisted to them since I receive a good bit of feedback about my heroine's escape from her horrific situation and how she has found a new life, and how readers relate to the story in themselves. However, I did tell them the book was erotic and had BDSM influences.
Hence, they began talking about it up the chain of command, which I completely understand.
I told them from the beginning that I also understood if they declined because of the conotation involved with an author of my genre.
Finally, they declined saying that the 50 Shades arguments involved with all of the domestic violence groups made them not want an association with it.
I told them that I completely understood, and we agreed that perhaps we could find some other resolution to help.
Great.

So, imagine my surprise, no shock, when I found out that they had agreed to be the receiving charity, with their name included in the promo and advertising, for a HUGE book event here.
I mean this event is massive!
And 99% erotica and BDSM and kink authors.
I know it was not personal, but I still feel the rejection.
I guess they changed their mind, and that is their right in all ways.
I still have a sad face going on.

Trying to turn my disappointment into a better feeling, I have begun contacting smaller charities and shelters that help those affectd by domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking and other relationship voilence, to see if they may want my meager donations. This is how you strive to find the bright side, right? I will keep repeating that this was not the fit for me, and the universe is pointing me in another direction. I will just have faith that what is meant to be will eventually work out.
I just never knew trying to help or do good deeds was actually this difficult!

I'm glad they will generate a great deal of money for them next month.
I'm glad that many women and children will benefit from the generosity of  the erotic/romance readers, writers, supporters.

Now, I will refocus and hope that what is in alignment for my future will come forth.






No comments: