Monday, 12 June 2017

Hello, hello, hello!

How's it going?
I've been busy, but in the best of ways. 
I have not lost weight, but my shorts I could not button and had big muffin top over, now fit easily!
So, I would say that's an accomplishment.
Yesterday, we stopped at a local bar/restaurant next to my gym for lunch.
I splurged.
This was a jalapeno cornbread waffle with fried chicken breast tenders smothered in a rosemary cream sauce. Can you say mouth-gasm?!
It was huge, and I was only able to eat half of it. Hubs was the same. We begged them not to take if off the menu, but next time we'll split one order.
Hubs got me these, and they have been getting a workout!
They are so freaking comfy and light weight!
I have been adding little spurts of jogging back into my mornings.
My weight training is there, but I have been enjoying my walks/runs better, so the lifting has not been intense. I find I cycle with it. I just don't want to get burned out.
This week my goal is watching and tracking my food.
I have just been winging it.
I downloaded the My Fitness Pal app and have been playing with it.
Right now, I am using the free basic app, but I am stoked about that little scan part!
Damn, I can scan the labels on my fruits, veggies, anything that has it and let it add my calories for me. Alleviates so much tracking that I used to do by hand or searching through lists.
It also syncs with my FitBit which is nice too.
I have been listening to audiobooks, and benefiting greatly from some that I will drop down below.
Some girlfriends and myself are challenging each other with steps and food goals.
I enjoy it because it keeps me accountable.

Oh! Hubs and I have some adventures planned too!
Rdog and Slick will be accompanying us, and I am excited to go hog wild with pictures.
So stayed tuned!


Now on to the inspiring reads!

This one is fantastic! So many parts of it have touched me, and I find myself saying,
"Yes, yes! That's totally what I do!"
She helps with questions and journal projects to help work through issues we all deal with, and how to initiate a change. As I listened to it, I would immediately feel lighter when I realized what I am doing and it is possible to change thought patterns and habits that hold me back.
I highly recommend it.

You can always check out her blog as well - Play With The World

Next up is an author that I am just in love with. Her books just resonate with me on every level. 


I originally was reading a copy from the library, but then I decided that I had to purchase it.
Much like Spirit Junkie and May Cause Miracles, I know I will reread these over again.
It's another step in letting go of fear, worry, and to trust your instincts and inner -ing.
Hey, I'm still working on it, but her books are wonderful guides to understaning yourself and transforming the anxiety, fear, and stories we create in our head into something better.

I have a list a mile long of books that I still want to read, but I always put Gabby's first when I see them. I know there is another of hers that I still need to read too.
I am loving finding these authors who are helping others to help and understand themselves, myself included!

Let's face it, they are helping me get to a much better place in life. I am excited to LIVE life and go after all that I dream of too.




No comments: