Wednesday, 1 March 2017

What I've Been Eating Wednesday and Other Fun Pics!

I have been doing lots of reading and research, as I often do.
It should be no surprise that whole foods are our best choices in general.
However, we love our pizza, burgers, tacos, wings, cake, chips...
I do too.
I decided to start making more conscious choices in my meals.
I have been experimenting and going with foods I crave, or flavors.
I have also been mixing up my workouts. 

Many of my food choices are based on what is coming in our Door to Door Organics Boxes each week, along with whatever meats and seafood we pick up locally.

 This was a breakfast salad. I know weird, but it was delicious, and who says you can't have salad for breakfast?
It was a mix of spring greens, roasted beets and carrots and an over easy egg.
 This was also a breakfast.
I had some leftover grass fed steak, some left over mashed cauliflower that I heated in the pan too, topped with an egg which I broke the yolk on and sauteed kale.
 This was an orange chocolate overnight chia pudding.
I need to play with the ratios still.
There was of course chia seeds, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, a packet of stevia, unsweetened cocoa powder, a little pure vanilla extract, about a tablespoon juice from an orange, and some grated orange peel.
Salad: boiled egg, avocado, sunflower seeds, grape tomatoes, spring greens.

As you can see, there are lots of veggies included lately. Many more than what I was eating, and more variety. My food is much more colorful...with the exception of the pudding - which my friend M pointed out looks like poop, hahahaha! 
I'm excited to show you more things that I'm eating and see how it affects me and my workouts.

I am doing less steady state cardio, although I still enjoy walking 20 or 30 minutes.
I have been incorporating jumping rope between sets of weights.
Although, I am not lifting nearly as heavy or as many sets and reps as I used to do.
I think I needed to switch it up.
We all need to do that from time to time in order to enjoy our workouts again.

And you can always follow me on Instagram

That's where I usually share pics like our outdoor hikes and adventures!


This beauty was in the National Forest up the road.
You never know what you will come across.
I wanted to take it down and bring it home, but decided it should be left for others to enjoy.

Then, there are pics like my newest acquisition of funky shoes!
Yes, I will wear these to the gym!
So, see what you're missing out on!


No comments: