Saturday, 4 March 2017

Saturday Morning Musings!

I did a like/comment Squat/Situp challenge on my Facebook page this week.
Let's just say that my friends are sadists. 😜
In the spirit of the situation, I found a corner in the gym and did a live video of me doing the 125 squats. I only used a bar (45 pounds) and didn't go ass to grass but perpendicular.
It was harder than I anticipated, but I loved it.
Then, I went on to do my normal leg day.
Needless to say, I am still walking funny!
I have still been excitedly playing with food.
With our fridge being so packed with fresh produce from Door to Door Organics, I am finding that I am more apt to eat more veggies.
Since when did I become s obsessed with kale?!
Even, this guy is loving it. Look how he waits for the stalk! 
Last night I made my first zoodles (using a potato peeler and knife - no spiralizer here, lol).
I forgot to take a pic, but even husband enjoyed it.
This morning I did a super easy Paleo Banana Blender Muffin.
These are a score!
I threw all of the following in the blender:

2 bananas
3 eggs
1 cup almond flour
1 Tablespoon coconut oil (solid)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 packets stevia
sprinkle sea salt

Then I poured the blended batter into recycled parchment paper muffin papers and baked at 375 degrees for about 40 minutes +/-. I am at a higher elevation/altitude in the mountains, so just watch them until they turn golden brown. I took them out and let them cool on a wire rack.
Delicious!



No comments: