Wednesday, 4 January 2017

Food and clothes.

So far, it's a good year.
I have been experimenting with food.
I have hopped on the bandwagon and am trying to make/use more cauliflower rice.


I've been enjoying it.
I had made cauliflower mashed potatoes for a while.
I don't know why I waited so long to do the rice - maybe it's because I don't have a food processor and choppity chop it with a knife.
I want to try the 'tots' recipe too from this Muscle & Fitness Cauliflower article!

Last night, I sauteed mushroom, garlic, parsley, basil, and spinach. Right before I added the cauliflower rice, I added olive oil and lemon juice.
Added the 'rice', and a little bit of shredded cheese, then tossed it about for a few minutes.
Even the husband liked it, so score!

Next, don't ask me why, but I was craving a sesame tofu.
I knew I wouldn't batter and deep fry anything, so I marinated some organic sprouted tofu in Lite Soy, Sriracha, Chili garlic paste, rice wine vinegar, sesame seeds, stevia, ground ginger.
Then seared it off in a nonstick pan with a little olive oil spray.


It looks bland. The looks are deceiving because I ate that whole bowl when I got home from the gym yesterday.
It hit the spot, LOL.

I have also been committed to reducing.
People husband works with think we are minimalists...Nothing is farther from the truth.
Although we reduced considerably when we moved, we still have far too many things, and tend to keep acquiring more.
I'm doing something that many of you probably already do.
I tend to wear things until they absolutely fall apart, especially items I love.
I will repair holes over and over.
Beginning this week, when I have worn something or taken out an item of clothing and notice little snags, holes, tears, I have been tossing them into the bin. Gosh knows, I have enough clothes (some never worn) to spare these threadbare ones.
Then, there are the jeans and such that are too big, or have shrunk in an odd way - those old t-shirts and sweatshirts that have creeped shorter, or the sleeves have shrunk.
I just need to let them go.
I am trying to avoid extra buying as well.
Let's see how long this lasts!

I have been committed to writing everyday.
I have a few works in progress, so if I write fifty words here, a hundred words there, I'm pretty stoked. Although, my goal is to have the sequel to my latest novel done before the Naughty in NOLA signing in May. Fingers crossed that the creative gods keep the juices flowing!

So, that's what's going on four days in.
Now, off to bring wood up to stock inside and closer to the house. Allegedly, snowmageddon is coming tonight. Got it going, and the house is warm. Now, to keep it that way!


No comments: