Friday, 30 December 2016

Pasta Zero?! Yes, please!


I wanted to share this with you, sneak it in before my New Year's Eve Post.
I had been seeing this around, Pasta Zero.
I have been hesitant to give it a go, but I caved and bought two bags.
Each bag contains two servings.
You can just open it, drain it, and eat it.
It's found in the refrigerated section. Ours was by the tofu and vegetarian items.
The first time I tried it, I did not tell husband what type of pasta it was.
I didn't want preconceived judgements.

I drained the pasta and set it aside while I prepared the rest of the dish.
I sauteed my veggies, including broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, and some corn kernels.
While that was cooking, I mixed a sauce.
I didn't measure, but did it buy eye in a little fruit bowl.
I used lite soy, rice wine vinegar, sriracha, chile garlic paste, sesame seeds, water, a packet of stevia, and a tablespoon of an organic ginger sesame vinaigrette dressing, mixed with 1 teaspoon of cornstarch.
I had some chicken that I had grilled and chopped the night before which I threw in the pan, and poured in my sauce. I cooked and stirred until the sauce thickened to a consistency that I liked. Then, I took the noodles and added them, tossing them for about 2 minutes, just to get them warm and coated. I divided the concoction into two bowls and served.
It was unanimous!
YUM!!

Here is the link to the Nasoya page so that you can read up on the few ingredients and nutritional values. They also have suggested recipes. I may try one of those next.

No comments: