Monday, 19 December 2016

2017 - the positive post


I've said it numerous times:
Comparison is the thief of joy.
It's true. So is trying to conform and fit the mold of what others do in your industry, or industries. I have been trying to do that for the past two years. It makes me incredibly grumpy, sad, and stifled. To quote the Smashing Pumpkins, despite all my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage.
So, I'm going back to being this girl:
crazy, loud, tries stupid things, does what she wants when she wants, sings and dances and jumps around in public, takes outrageous selfies and pictures, says funny and sometimes shocking things, wears outrageous clothes, shows off her hard work, doesn't play life's or other people's strategy games or rules, writes filthy novels that follows no formula, and hopes that you read them. If I make you feel uncomfortable, so be it.
I am here to live life to its fullest. As long as I'm not hurting anyone, and my loved ones aren't too scarred over it, that's what's going to happen. In 2017, I am going to be unapologetically happy and me.
Welcome back Jen, let's rock on in 2017....
and get that attitude and body back too while you're at it.

No comments: