Sunday, 1 May 2016

Snow pic & a psuedo recipe for a sushi bowl!

I took this picture this morning.
Snow flakes on wood.
I like that if you stare closely below the big one at the top, you can see the delicate star-shaped on below. 
Though I like getting different photos, I am tired of the snow...It's been continuous since Wednesday night, gloomy, and chilly.

Well, anyway, today I made an awesome psuedo sushi bowl!
I wish that I would have taken pics now.
But it was something tossed together for a snack today.

I used jasmine rice, topped it with some chopped cucumber, chopped avocado, smoked salmon, cut up some toasted nori sheets. I topped it with a little sauce that I made with lite soy sauce, powdered wasabi, sesame seeds, and juice from the pickled sushi ginger.
Talk about light and yum!
I used jasmine rice because we had some leftover from a broccoli dish I made the other night. I'm sure it would be just as tasty with brown rice too!
I am sure I will be making this again, as the husband really liked it too.
Next time I will take some pictures.

No comments: