Wednesday, 23 March 2016

The Bone Broth Craze

Have you seen this?
It's everywhere.
The funny thing to me is that I've always just called that a stock.
*shrugs*
But I admit, I've not just drank it plain before.
And I've never bought bones specifically for it.
Usually, it's the remains of a leftover carcass or pieces that had bones.
Then, I make a stock from that and some veg scraps.
But I admit, I tried it the pinterest way.
I usually buy beef soup bones and cook them for the pups to chew on.
This time, I salted and peppered the bones, put them on a foil lined tray, and baked them until golden brown. I did flip them over one time. After that, I threw them in a huge pot with about 8 cups of water, two broken carrots, some crushed garlic cloves, a broken celery rib, some dried parsley and bay leaf. Then I brought it up to a simmer and let it go for about two hours. I took out the veggies, bones, and whatever big pieces of herbs were floating. I used and emersion blender and smoothed out any other hunks, i.e. the marrow pieces. I stuck in the fridge, and was all ready to start my morning cup of bone broth routine. 
I add Himalayan salt and pink peppercorns when I heat up my cup in the morning.
I have to say, it is very tasty.

Now, I don't know whether it has been the bone broth, the joint supplements that I've begun taking, or a combination of the two, but my tennis elbow which has been harassing me for the past month has finally been getting some relief. 
I don't know if I would do this all of the time, but it has been a nice little variation in the morning routine.

fit forty red lips ass

bone broth fit fitness health

Another thing that I have found that I have been enjoying lately.
Sweet Peppers!!
fit fab forty lips ass

I have never been a fan of bell peppers. I'm just going to say it, they make me burp like crazy for hours, and I cannot stand it. I love jalapenos, but I can't just eat a ton of them raw.
For some reason, these little babies don't give me the side effects of bell brethren.
I can eat them raw, roasted, whatever.
They may be my new spring treat!



No comments: