Friday, 1 January 2016

Protein Pancakes and Panty Shots

I thought I would begin with breakfast.
Makes sense, no?
It is how we should start our day, healthy and satisfied.
Pretty much five to six days a week I eat some variation of oats and eggs.
This may sound boring, but if you get creative, you can make different meals from these simple ingredients. In 2014, I may have eaten pancakes just about every morning of that year.
This morning, I did one of those recipes.
Normally, I eat one whole egg, 4 egg whites, 1/2 cup oats.
This is what I produced this morning using those ingredients, however, I did use liquid egg whites.
The Safeway by us carries their brand of liquid egg whites for $3.99 a large carton as opposed to other brands that I see at $5.99 and $6.99.
I saved my whole egg to be scrambled on the side.


This breakfast recipe is for the pancakes:

1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 packet stevia in the raw
3/4 cup liquid egg whites

Put 1/2 c oats, baking powder, cinnamon & stevia in a coffee grinder. Pulse until ground into a flour. Mix together with the egg whites. Then, cook just as you would a pancake in a heated pan. 

Simple as that.

You can top these with honey, agave, syrup, a little spray butter or what ever your heart desires. There's a super simple homemade fruit spread that I make that I love to use on top of these too. That recipe will be coming soon. 

So, I promised you new pics, holding nothing back so you could see where I am right now after a year of not being disciplined.
Remember I warned you.
Oh and that door leads outside which is why I have those by the bottom crack. It's been below zero here, and I'm trying to keep in heat any which way I can, lol!
I know that I am not in the greatest shape presently, no need for pointing out the areas...cuz believe me I know they are there.
If you click them, they enlarge...not that you want that.
*drum roll*
.
.
.
.
.



Shall we begin?
Here's to improving me, and you improving you!

1 comment:

tater said...

You still look amazing! Again, I love the honesty in your posts :)