Sunday, 3 January 2016

It's not a biscuit, but it will do...

I'm a southern girl. I love biscuits, and let's face it, biscuits just aren't a common food in this lifestyle.
I decided to experiment with our staple, common breakfast ingredients.
What happened this morning wasn't a biscuit, but it will do for a breakfast sandwich.
It would have been extra rocking had I split a slice of cheese between the two and slathered it with butter, but ya know.

Here comes the recipe:


For the "bread"
1/2 old fashioned oats
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp nutritional yeast
sprinkle of sea salt and pink pepper corn
1/2 cup liquid egg whites
2 tsp unsweetened almond milk
4 sprays of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray

Grind the oats, baking powder, nutritional yeast, and salt in pepper in a coffee grinder until it's a flour consistency. 

In a bowl pour your 1/2 c of liquid egg whites, 2 tsp unsweetened almond milk, and mix in the 'flour' mixture. I squirted it with 4 pumps of my spray butter.


Pour into two silicone muffin cups or cupcake pan that's sprayed with olive oil.


I throw these in my pre-heated toaster oven. I actually leave it on the toast setting for 20 minutes.
When I take them out, they looked like this: 


I then took my one whole egg and another 1/4 of liquid egg whites and scrambled them with a little sea salt and pepper, and built little sandwiches. I did add a spray of 'butter' to each side of the muffins. I think I will continue to experiment with this, but it made me feel like I was eating a breakfast sandwich with no guilt!

No comments: