Wednesday, 7 October 2015

Hi-ya!

I have been quiet because we have been away on vacation.
My first trip out of state in over five years.
I truly forgot how hot and humid the south is!
We were in Florida.
All I know is that I walked, walked, walked, for hours and miles on end and was sweating like a whore in church.
I should have weighed myself when I got home just to see if anything was lost, but I didn't.
I am sporting a nice tank top burn/tan.
 When we landed at the airport in Denver, it was a lovely 77 degrees. By the time we hit our town in the mountains, we were greeted with a chilly 56 degrees, rain, hail, and no internet service until yesterday evening.
Doesn't matter, I am glad to be back in the mountains and lovely weather where I am not melting. 

Today was back to the gym and trying to do a little healthy food prep - since yesterday, the grocery run had to be made. After all, our fridge was bare!
We are now stocked with freshness and lots and lots of proteins!
YaY!
Though I had a great time away, I will admit that the food at the places we went was not all that wonderful. And we hit some fancy, highly recommended restaurants.
I think we just are not huge fans of lots of rich sauces and tons of butter all over everything.
I must admit, just seasoned and seared is a favorite preparation of mine, and I am glad to be able to do that once again.


No comments: