Tuesday, 23 June 2015

Keep chugging forward.

They said don't stop chasing your dreams, so I went back to sleep.
True story.
It was one of those mornings.
I slept an extra hour and had every intention of staying there until my work began to roll in.
Then, I got a message.
Someone asking me to help with their fitness plan and suggestions on meals.
(It happens, believe it or not!)

I sat there staring at the screen thinking, "How can I give any advice if I'm not following it myself?"
So, we messaged a bit, and that inspired me to get my a$$ up and ready to go gym.
And I did.
Am I still tired and want to go back to bed?
I will not lie, yes, I am.
But I do feel better, and am ready to tackle all of my contract work for the day.
Also, I have a little more motivation to stay on track.
Even when I don't realize that what I do has any impact on people, it obviously does.
Who knew?
It's when I get messages like the one this morning that I remember that there are people out there who really do pay attention to what I'm doing.
Creepy?
Maybe.
Also, flattering.

So here I was.
Done.
Bags and wrinkles all around my eyes, but hey folks, I'm old...
and still trying to keep it together and up high.


No comments: