Thursday, 19 February 2015

Expectations...and...Butts

Someone once told me that the reason we are disappointed in other people is that we place expectations on them. Basically, we think that because we would do something for someone, we automatically tend to think that everyone else believes the same.
Because we follow the laws and rules does not mean everyone else believes in following them.
Because we were raised to believe in a certain way of acting or manners or etiquette does not other know them.
In actuality, no one knows what the other is thinking.
Thus, we become upset with friends, family, co-workers...
I have come to believe that this is true.

Even when you openly explain your hopes to others, it doesn't mean that they will accept these desires or live up to them.

What do you do?

I have been learning to just not expect anything or reciprocation from anyone.
When I go into relationships in this way, I'm less likely to get my feelings hurt...in all aspects.
I just do what I know that I would do for anyone and not expect anything in return, including thanks or apologies, when I am treated in what my head I consider a wrong manner.
Believe it or not, it is beginning to work, and I am becoming more able to blow off things that would have had me in tears in the past.
Perhaps in the same vain, I am a little stupid for continuing to help or work or remain in said relationships. Maybe I should do like most, close the door and move on, but sometimes, it's not always an option. Or, I'm a glutton for punishment, lol.

On to lighter, vain-er aspirations and expectations.

In the same method, make your expectations work for you.
Honor those that you place upon yourself.
 For instance, I lust after a booty like this:


I have to be willing to put in the work to get it.
I cannot blame anyone but myself for my high, firm, smackable booty desires or if it ever gets there.
I control my ass-destiny.

I want it I shall get it,
and no one else is responsible for that booty-licious curve.



No comments: