Thursday, 4 December 2014

YUM! Breakfast Fun ~ Getting back on track

In the quest to regain my control and get back on track, it's been food prep and experimentation time. Since I am in the off season, I get to play a little more.
Pulled out the old Clean Eating magazines, some old M&F Hers and have been browsing.
Of course, there's always the vortex of pinterest.
I found this intriguing little number on pinterest.
Now, I wouldn't eat these everyday or anything, but on the weekend or switch things up, oh yeah!
I mean I love my protein pancakes I make with my eggs, oats and cinnamon, but variety is great.
This recipe is from
 
Banana Breakfast Cheesecakes
 
I mean, how could you not love that?
I did switch out the honey and used stevia instead.
I also was out of applesauce, so I used 2 T unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
I also added a little cinnamon to my ground oats.
All in all, they came out yummy.
An added bonus? My serving size was both!
Yeah, because I gets more food than the average Jane.
 
Banana Breakfast Cheesecakes
Yield: 2 cheesecakes
Serving Size: 1 cheesecake
Banana Breakfast Cheesecakes
These creamy cheesecakes are bursting with banana flavor! The recipe can easily be doubled or tripled too. Store the cheesecakes wrapped tightly in plastic wrap in the refrigerator until ready to eat. Do not reheat.

2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
6 oz fat-free cream cheese, softened
1 tbsp honey
¼ c mashed banana
½ tsp cornstarch
¼ tsp vanilla extract
 
  1. Preheat the oven to 300°F, and lightly coat 2 jumbo-sized muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
  2. In a small bowl, stir together the oats and applesauce. Divide the mixture in half, and press into the bottoms of the prepared muffin cups. Bake at 300°F for 8 minutes. Cool in the pan.
  3. In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and honey until smooth. Mix in the banana, cornstarch, and vanilla. Spread the filling on top of the cool crusts. Bake at 300°F for 19-22 minutes, or until the centers still jiggle slightly when the pan is gently shaken. Cool to room temperature in the pan before covering with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving.
Note: To make your own instant oats, add the same amount of old-fashioned oats to a food processor and pulse 5-8 times until coarse. Gluten-free oats may be used to create gluten-free cheesecakes.
 


No comments: