Tuesday, 30 September 2014

Blessed


I am by no means a religious person, but I will say that I feel blessed, lucky in my life no matter what is going on, or when things get a little chaotic or hairy.
Sure, I sometimes hermit away and turn into myself or distance myself, but in actuality, I know I have it good. 
I always believe that things will eventually work out, even it it gets a little nerve-wracking for a period.
Lord love my mother because she knows when I'm in my moods, lol.
Yep, I still call my parents pretty much everyday, and thankfully, she won't talk my ear off if I'm not into talking. I am my father's daughter in these times, for sure.

I've been absent more because I have been picking up some extra work and another set of side work. I will say I am busy but grateful because it came as it is needed. Hopefully, it continues a little longer. =)

One of those glimpses and reminders of how good I have it was when I went to one of our team workouts at the gym this past week. It had been well over a month since I had gone due to some stupid circumstances.
I realized how much I missed those Friday night dates with this group of women who are always there to support and encourage each other.
These ladies actually care about each other, and I them.
This sport and group make me so happy. =)
I also realize that I am so lucky to workout and socialize with athletes that I idolize.
This weekend alone, I was in a circle of four Olympia athletes and five other pros.
How dream-like is that?

On a weird note, this week I have come in more contact with those in wheel chairs who are unable to walk, are paralyzed or plagued by some muscular disease.
Being around these people who just make it work and live and don't complain about their situation made me also realize how good I do have it.

Along with that, yes folks, I have finished the first draft of my first book.
I have a friend who works for a publisher reading to tell me if it is pure poop or not before I go back in to polish this thing up and begin the beta reading process.
Given the advice by another author to step away from it for a week before going back in, this works out great. In the meantime, I am also proofing and beta reading for yet another author, lol.  

In all of my life, I never would have thought that I would be involved in any of these things. The past two years have proved me so, so wrong.
So, as many times as things have not gone as planned, or continue to not go as planned, or it seems that the pile of weirdness and bricks of stopping dreams keeps growing, I have to believe that I will eventually climb out, and I think on these little things that I have been so blessed with to know that life is going forward.

I have a ton of stuff going on, some life altering stuffs too.
Instead of worrying over it, I'm just going to ride the tide and trust that all is going to turn out like it should and the good keeps going good and the not so good, well, that I surf it out, right?






No comments: