Friday, 30 May 2014

It's Friday Bitches!


Tomorrow is the Mile High NPC & Pro Show.
Yes!!
I'm volunteering.
I love getting to watch the pros.
Plus, girls on my team are competing.
So much fun!!
I guess you can tell that I'm looking forward to my weekend.
Even if I'm not competing, I love being around it all of the time.
It keeps me inspired and my motivation levels up.

I have also discovered that either I don't know how or am incapable of taking a serious or normal picture.
My work has been uber slow this week, so I went wandering around an antique warehouse and snapped silly pics.

I was feeling my animal pants this week.

I have been having some amazing interactions with Indie authors lately.
Here's my most recent acquisition and author love.
Dave Matthes' The Slut Always Rides Shotgun.
I am super excited to read it.
By the way, you can download it for free on Goodreads.
Check out the address it was shipped to:
To: Jen Awesomesauce.
The mofo said he would make it so, lol.
His Sleepeth Not, the Bastard is releasing very soon.
Can. Not. Wait.


I have been getting some exciting information and opportunities.
We'll see what happens or where things could lead.
In the meantime, I am able to enjoy some amazing books and chat.
Lawd, if I could get a job reading professionally, I would be in heaven!
Proof reading could be in my future as my education in English Lit is a hard habit to let die and I do not hold my tongue when I am so distracted in reading by grammatical and spelling errors.
Yes, my blogs are not always up to par in that area, but I am also not trying to put myself out there as an author.

Believe me, my creative writing was always cringed at.
I was told that there was too much aggression, vehemence and violence emitted from it.  Hence, why I moved on to write music reviews, show reviews, and band interviews.  Then, I was promoted to proofing and editing all of the other authors' articles.
Who knows?  My type of writing is becoming more acceptable in this day and age.  Maybe, I'll throw one out there and see what happens.

And I'll leave you with a little bit of tune-age to rock us into the weekend!
Skillet - Monster




No comments: