Friday, 18 April 2014

Schmoop and then some pimping out of one of my favorite authors!

Here's a little funny for you.
Every morning when I wake up, one of the first things I do is go to the mirror and check and see if my abs are still there, hahaha.
They are!!!
I am seriously considering getting some self tan because I'm fading and they disappear in the light, booo.

So, here's my schmoop.
As homesick as I get and get on my kicks of going, "I don't like living here in Colorado", I do.
I am super grateful
I know that back home in New Orleans, I would have never had the opportunities that I have been given here.
Let's face it.
Health and fitness are not a priority there.
I also can not believe the people that I am surrounded by and have interactions with here.
I mean, who would have thought that I would see these athletes that I have admired on a pretty regular basis, face to face?!
How crazy is that?

I thought I would touch on something Coach said to me.
I mentioned a few posts ago that I realized that I have more self-discipline than I previous believed that I could ever have.
She said, "Discipline is Freedom."
Profound.
It's been running through my brain on constant repeat, and I realize how true it is.

Gosh, I love these people.

One last thing, I was trying to capture the abs.
That didn't happen so well, but I did notice that I have BABY SHOULDERS!
Hip, hip, hooray!!



Quick fun fact:
I used to enjoy writing, smut.
I used to write erotic short stories.
At one point, the girls that I worked with would ask me to write stories for them.  I would make them into the characters based on what they told me and who/how they wanted their love interests to be.
It was silly and fun.

There's a little insight into my obvious love of that genre.

I've mentioned Lena Black before and her novel A Dominant Man.
She is a wonderful lady.
We've had a few interactions/chats online, and I grow to love her and admire her more.  Her heroine, Gabrielle Hyde, just strikes such a chord with me personally because we have so many experiences and quirks that are alike.
I love that Lena has Facebook pages for her characters Elle (Gabrielle) and Damian Hunt.  They interact online and it's like fun little vignettes throughout the day.
This book is steamy, and just traps you!
Oh!  And Lena gave me a sneak peek at the first chapter of the sequel.
My lips are sealed, but I'm so giddy for the next book to come out!

Hunt and Elle's obsession, lust, and love will entwine them together...But, will it be enough to survive the ghosts of their pasts when they make themselves present? 
♥♥ 57+ FIVE STAR RATINGS ♥♥ 
♥♥ Links In Comments♥♥
♥♥ 5.0 out of 5 stars ♥♥ By Books and Beyond Fifty Shades
Lena Black hits it out of the park with her debut novel, A Dominant Man." "I found myself wanting to be best friends with Gabrielle and falling in love with Damian from page one. With a change from most usual romance novels, I found it refreshing that Gabrielle was a strong, sassy, and take charge kind of gal. Damian finds himself blindsided by this powerhouse of a woman who argues and fights back with him, while Gabrielle finds herself feeling innocent and vulnerable in the presence of the enigmatic Damian Hunt. The lust, action, suspense, and even love in this story was so thrilling that I could not put it down!"
♥♥ 5.0 out of 5 stars ♥♥ The sex scenes are unreal! Just brilliant - By LJ
"Being a bit of an erotica junkie it's hard to find new books to read but ADM is so beautifully written and the sex scenes are absolutely incredible!"
♥♥ 5.0 out of 5 stars ♥♥ Wow welcome Mr. Hunt- By Debra Cameron.
"I'm not going to give any spoilers away,all I will say is WOW Lena Black you have written an amazing story hot and steamy,I'm in lust with Damian Hunt."


No comments: