Tuesday, 10 December 2013

Picture Palooza & Some Flashback Fun

I'm going to share a little something with you all.
I have always, always had this desire to be a strong, muscular woman.
However, I didn't have a clue how.
I mean, I grew up in a city with less than 10,000 people in the boonies.
I was surrounded by true coon-asses.
Hell, I'm one.
I remember when we got cable, gasp!
ESPN used to televise all of these bodybuilding competitions and, of course, the Olympia.
I would sit in awe with my dad and watch.
That's when I first saw these two women.

 Carla Dunlap and Cory Everson!
After I saw them, I just knew I wanted to look like that.
I was clueless though.
I remember when my dad got this home gym setup.
It had the square weights and benches and it switched all over the place.
(He still has it sitting in his workshop now, but it's not set up)
I used to watch Cory Everson's workout show and go try to replicate that.
Hilarious.
In my sophmore year of high school, my P.E. teacher even allowed me to use the girl's weight room during class instead of playing the team sports.
I tried and tried to build myself some little muscles, but to not much avail.
Hey, there wasn't that much available information back then in the early/mid-eighties, especially in BFE.
I had no clue about nutrition.
Our library did not have much on the subject.
Magazines were not as plentiful.
And the horror! 
There was NO INTERNET!!!

Oh well, better late than never to have started the journey a few years ago.
Heck, I still didn't have much of a clue even then, hahaha.

Anyway, today at the gym, I was super excited because I spotted bumps!?!
Yeah, I'm sure it was the shadows and my positioning, but I was setting up the hanging straps for hanging oblique twists when I noticed.
There was no one else in there, so yep, I snapped these selfies.
I'm giddy.
I know they are not really, anything, but they are something!
YaY!





I still have a long, long way to go, but progress is progress!


No comments: