Thursday, 19 December 2013

It's that time of the year!

I'm not a huge sweets person, but there are a few things that I filp for!
These are Italian fig cookies.
Once a year, at Christmas, my mom pulls out my great-grandma's recipe and makes a batch.
She boxes them up and sends them to us.
S thinks they are only for him, but I have to sneak a few.
They are decadent, I tell you!

Then, usually on Christmas morning, I like to fry up a batch of beignets!
Mmmmm, fried dough with powdered sugar and a cafe au lait....
It's what is for Christmas breakfast for these Louisiana folks.




(from neworleans.com)

Then, I will sometimes make a pecan pie from a mix of Emeril's recipe and my own flair.



(from foodnetwork.com)

And you know what?
I will not feel guilty about it.
I do this maybe once a year, so 
nom, nom, nom, nom, nom!!!

Now, the actual food, food for Christmas?
We haven't gotten that far yet.
We're trying to see what restaurants are open.
We're also tossing about the idea of ordering some food and picking it up on Christmas Eve then just heating it up Christmas day.
I have to tell you that I really enjoy not having to worry about any cooking or cleaning on holidays!

1 comment:

Lacey said...

Mmmm beignets!! There are seriously few things better than beignets and coffee. Definitely reminds me of being in Louisiana. :)