Thursday, 24 October 2013

What did I get myself into?

Yesterday, I trekked to the Meca of the Midwest, home of Olympian athletes!
It was only my second time there.
The gym that I haunt is the little sister, if you will, of this bad boy,
a branch of it right up the street.
Why did I go there?
Well, I got my cardio on, stared in the mirrors while I was doing it so I could check out the eye candy of both the male and female sorts.
I say many IFBB pro familiar faces.
Intimidating.
However, the real reason that I was there was that I was meeting up with someone who I have trained with before.  We were chatting about me competing again, next year.
We discussed her coaching me for it.  I know people coached by her and have asked questions during the time that I was getting personal training from her.
I've grown to feel comfortable with this person.

Anyway, now I'm a nervous wreck because it looks like I've made some commitments.
We have months to work on building me more, symmetry, feeding me tons more, getting my head in the game and changing categories.
My IT band, SI joint and sacral joints are just not up with the high impact routines for Fitness.  It is my first love, but having chronic pain from it just isn't worth it for me.
From here on through next year will be interesting, challenging and scary for me.
It will also make it officially 2 years since I last competed. 

It's time to start socking away the money for next year and taking on some odd jobs to make a little more for it too!

Oh what an adventure it shall be, indeed!
 

3 comments:

Melissa Cunningham said...

awww yeah!!!!!
git it get it!!

looking forward to following you along to the stage again!!!

Lacey said...

Wait. Changing categories?!

Man, it will have been like 3 years by the time I get back to the stage. ;( I always love following your journey though! I'll be interested to read about what little changes you're making!

Lapetitemort said...

=D
Yep, changing categories!
I love, love, love Fitness, but my body can't take the high impact routines. =(
Let's just say that, if things go as planned, there will be a routine still..... ;)