Thursday, 19 September 2013

Supp' Roundup

I have an insane amount of supplement samples.
Some I have acquired while at competitions.
Some I have gotten at different stores.
I also belong to M&F Hers Jacked in a Box monthly program.

With the baskets of supplements piling up around my house, I am going to try and keep track and notes and give reviews of what I have used during the week.

Week beginning Monday, September 17th, 2013

After my back and bicep workout, I used BSN's AMINO X in their watermelon flavor.

I had put the powder in my Muscle Milk Monster Shaker.

This was also included in one of my monthly boxes!
I added the water, shook it up, and hopped on the treadmill.
It mixed really well, no clumps.  The taste was sort of Jolly Rancher-ish.  It was sweet, but not overly.  Although, I find that I have become sensitive to what I find sweet as compared to what others may.
All in all, I was pleasantly surprised by it and would use it again.
I only wish that it had L-glutamine in it too so that I didn't have to mix it or take it separately.
But, hey, I still have a tub of pure L-glutamine powder sitting here that has to be used anyway!
Speaking of, I am a loyal user of BodyTech's Pure L-Glutamine Powder

Yep, I buy it from Vitamin Shoppe.  I began using it when I was starting to train to compete, so the beginning of 2012.
I still use it, that is if I don't space out some days.

I sampled GAT Adenoflex Hematogenic & Mass Enhancing Powder in the Grape Bubblegum flavor.  
I'm not sure that it exactly tasted like grape or bubblegum.  There was a fruity sweetness to it, but I can't put my finger on what I thought it tasted like.  It was a little chalky in consistency.  Maybe I didn't shake it enough.  However, I took it after lifting and when I was starting my cardio.
(I didn't notice it's best taken after eating a meal with carbs.)
Maybe it was in my head, but I felt a little more pumped both physically and mentally.
I almost felt a little thermogenic boost, though they don't talk about that.
I guess if you think about it, though, it is supposed to be a muscle, blood, and plasma expander.  This would lead me to believe that expanded tissues would give a greater area for blood flow which would lead to a little more of a "hyped" feeling?
That's what I'm thinking, yeah.
I read that you have to load this one for the affect.
I have more samples, so I'll have to see if I notice any difference later.

Next was Six Star Whey Protein Plus in Triple Chocolate.

I admit, this was good.
I didn't have a shaker cup clean, so I used an old rubber maid measuring bottle that had a screw on top.  I did mix it with 8 oz of unsweetened almond milk.
For not being in a shaker bottle, I was impressed with the mixing of it after I shook it all around.  The flavor was good too, nice and chocolate-y!

Since this post is getting rather lengthy, I'll wrap it up for now.  I'll add whatever I use tomorrow to next week's list.  =)
As a side note, I'd like to mention that I was not compensated for any of this.
Hahaha, ya'll should know this as I'm a minor, teeny, beginning athlete with only one competition under the belt.
I pay for my monthly Jacked in a Box.
I pick up samples from shows and stores, but I also buy samples if I'm interested in trying them out.  I would rather try it before I spend the big bucks on a huge tub.  This is all just my opinion, and it's a good record for me to go back and see what I liked and didn't without keeping yet another notebook! 

1 comment:

Tenecia said...

I love supplement samples!!

T.