Friday, 17 May 2013

Busy Birthday Week

Yep, I hit 40 this week.
It was busy and fabulous.
First I'll hit the busy.
The weather has been great.
It seems the snow has FINALLY passed!
Our weekends are back to working on the Peanut.
The hubby and I finished the framing of the walls.
 You know what comes next?
Hubby and I had to lift and stand them up on the Peanut floor.
So, we lifted, stood them up and I held them while he screwed them in and together.
That's about where we ended on Sunday.
Sunday when we got home, S gave me my big birthday surprise.
He booked an overnight for my birthday at The Stanley Hotel!!
For those not familiar, this is the hotel that The Shining was filmed at, yay!
This is one of my favorite movies, especially being a horror buff.
(Although, the book is a million times better, as usual, lol.)
 
Finding this out Sunday night, I spent Monday in overdrive.
I hit the gym.  I ran a few errands.  I came home and took care of the front and back yards.  I did all of the laundry.  I changed my hair and gave myself a trim.
Oh, there were lots of tasks fulfilled that day.
 
Tuesday was my birthday!
I got up at my usual 5:30 am, fed the pups, did my usual morning routine.
I had my usual Tuesday appointment with my great friend T. and our trainer.
She kicked our asses, really, it was leg and glute day!
Afterwards, I got home, showered, made the husband and myself some nom-nom's, and packed an overnight bag.
We dropped the pups off at the trainer/kennel and headed up to the mountains.
 
I will have more pictures later.  S took a bunch with his camera, but we haven't downloaded them yet.
Imagine waking up in the hotel that The Shining was filmed in, turning on the tv, and seeing this at 5:30am.  

Haha, they had it playing continuously on one channel. 

 Birthday wine at the hotel bar.

 Back home after a fun stay!

1 comment:

v8grrl said...

hee hee ;love it…love love love