Friday, 8 March 2013

Weird, Out of the Blue, but Good!

I haven't been to the gym the past three days with all of the chaos about. That doesn't mean that I have not been active though.
A funny thing happened today though, and out of the blue. I received a phone call about a front desk position that I applied for at a gym that I go to. They said the front desk position wasn't really available right now, plus it was for the middle of the night. The funny part was they wanted to know if I would be interested in learning Personal Training. They said my resume was impressive with all of my Anatomy & Physiology and biological sciences and health background. Plus, they see me and one person was a judge at the competition that I did last year. They said if I were given a timeline to take the CPT Exam and were willing to pursue it, they would train me with the technicalities of actually training people. Now, who knows where this will go, but I am going in Monday to talk/interview with them about how this would work and what it would entail.

I mean, I have done detailed labs with lots of dissecting and in depth study of muscles and especially the cardiorespiratory system with labs on actual people with those theories. I've been told that I execute with proper form by more than a few trainers. If I didn't, I paid close attention when told how to do it correctly. I have read the books for the ACE Group Fitness Instructor test.

Hhmmmm, this could be the stepping stone that I have been looking for. Hopefully, it won't turn out like every other thing. Nope, don't be negative.
I told myself that it doesn't hurt to go in and talk/interview.
It could turn into something good. I could learn lots, learn things that I have been wanting to learn. It could get me the extra cash to compete more often than once a year, or to get some training that I have wanted but can't afford. Okay, now I have to see if I have anything in my closet that is suitable for interview scenarios since all I own is workout wear, lol.


For a little yum:
I made this soup recipe from the current issue of Yoga Journal.  I didn't have bok choy, kale, arrow root or 2 cans of chickpeas.   So, I used my one can and used just some left over baked sweet potato (not even 3 oz) and subbed spinach for the greens..  I pureed it afterwards with an immersion blender. 

It's delicious!  I've even eaten it in the morning for a meal with a poached egg in it!  Yes, I'm weird like that and like savory more than sweet.

Coconut Kale Curry and Potato Soup

4 comments:

Tenecia said...

No negative thoughts!! Only positive thoughts!!! :)

T.

The Glamorous Housewife said...

Sounds like this could really be something! Good luck!

Thanks doll,
The Glamorous Housewife

Athena said...

Cool! That's really exciting.

Lapetitemort said...

It is exciting, but all in the same instance I'm trying not to make too much over it or get my hopes up too high, lol. We'll see!

Thanks gals!