Tuesday, 11 September 2012

Have a nice day.

Allergies are kicking my booty this week.
~sneeze~
Other than that, things are good.
Working out. 
Doing lots of cooking and experimenting with recipes.
Working on the vardo on weekends.

I have been trying to stay off the web for a bit.
As I talked about before, I have a love/hate relationship with it.
I know, I put myself out there so I should be ready for anything that comes with that.
However, I think the web has created super monsters who grow balls and say things they perhaps would not just walk up to someone and spout out.

Recently, I was messaged on FB.  I was told, "Yeah, great transformation, but sorry about your boobs. You need implants."
What? Nice.
That was a mild interaction.
Here, before I changed my settings to where no anonymous comments are allowed, I was told
"I hope you choke on your stupid recipes and die."
"You are a horror to all men, and I feel sorry for those who ever have to look at you."
Oh, and there's more - quite a few about my looks and those out there in cyberland who would prefer me to have a tortuous demise.

I get slack also because my coach used to be a NPC competitor and later changed to natural competitions.
This was not taken well.
In my critiques, and just normal interactions, I have been told on several occasions that I need to change coaches. I have always been suggested another coach who "will always have the winners here."
Then a few snide comments about my coach.

Unfortunately, I'm not very thick skinned.
I take things to heart.
Logically, I know that I shouldn't.
In my head, I tell myself, "These are people who you don't even know.  Don't allow your validation to be from other peoples' comments or judgement."
It is quite easier said than done though.

So, I'm stepping back a teeny bit.
I'm taking some "me" time off of the web.
Getting my head straight and my heart back on my path.
I want to make my blog back into something positive and enjoyable to write and read.
I want to give out chuckles and smiles.
Yep, I want to inspire and give fuzzy feelings.
I am that cheesy.
 
 


3 comments:

Tenecia said...

Me time is good! Take all the time you need! *hugs*

T.

Queen of the Trailer Park said...

So sorry that you feel that way : (
But so glad that you are going to take the time you need to be true to yourself and that in spite of being hurt, you see these idiots for exactly what they are...

Donloree said...

Who are these people and where are their mothers? Horrible! I hate that people feel the need to say hurtful things that aren't true online. Seriously, they deserve a swift kick to the knee or elsewhere! You're fabulous and pay them no mind. Hugs!