Friday, 3 August 2012

Crafty

We got an old table and chair set a few years ago for free when old neighbors put it out for trash.
Yep, I'm that person.

Sam has been working on the table, as it had some pretty deep scratches.
We really wanted to keep it wood.
However, it's all been sitting in the garage for a few years now.


Well, it has an odd number of chairs.
Here's what the chairs look like.
Yesterday, I had a wild hair.
I mean, it's all just sitting there.
I had a leftover can of spray paint that we used to paint a nightstand/shelf that we put in the bedroom.
Plus, I've been all into crazy colors, gypsy vardos have been my inspiration since we have been working on our little vardo, tiny house project.
 Then, I went through the bin of fabrics that I have hoarded away in the closet.
I found some fabric that is whimsical and semi-thick.
So, this is what I wound up with for free.
 Now, I'm thinking of redoing another in green with a different fabric on the seat.
I'm thinking Chocolate meets who knows what.

2 comments:

Tenecia said...

I'm so jealous of your craft skills!! I totally suck at all craft projects - it's sad really :)

The chair looks great!!!

T.

FIGUR(E)-atively Speaking said...

OH! I love it! I'm THAT person too! Right now, I have a grandfather clock that someone put on the curb because it doesn't work! Still doesn't work, so I keep my yoga mat in there! LOL! Love to re-purpose other peoples junk! Great job on the chair! Looks adorable!
**Sorry about all the exclamation points. Guess I got kinda' excited!!! :)