Tuesday, 17 July 2012

There's good, there's silly, of course it happened!

The place that I've worked for the past 20 years in Louisiana, sporadically sends me contract work.
So far this year I have worked 12 hours.
I think that I have told you that before.
Well, today, woohoo, work!!!

Well what do you think happened?
Whoa!
My AutoCad will not work.
I re-install.
Nothing.
I take other versions from years ago.
Nothing.
One.... this version has expired.
What?!
Another....
Your computer is lacking "x, y, & z."
Okay.
The version that I've been using since the 90's.
Something installed has caused it to be kaput.
Nice.
I have 2 versions from the company, but now AutoCad has gotten smart.
The serial numbers and keys are invalid.
Yep, because they only want them on one computer....
avoidance of piracy.
I know, I know, can't fault that.

This is the way my life goes.
My 14 version, I'm thinking it will work on my laptop.
That one shouldn't be infected.
Right now, I'm working in the 30 day versions.

Shouldn't panic as they may not send work again for another 5 to 6 months.

I cannot help but laugh.

NOW HERE'S THE EXCITING!

I was asked about a month ago to maybe do a class for a burlesque school.
In fact, it was my mentor/teacher.
How exciting?!
So, it's been there in the back of my mind.
She brought up what she would like me to teach.
I've been pondering it, hoping it would actually come to fruition.
Now, I have dates!
YaaY!!
I'm emphasizing not changing gals bodies, as burlesque is about accepting all shapes, sizes, ethnicity, styles.

It will be strength, fitness, stretching related.  I want to help make them have more endurance during performances, make movements bigger, give them more flexibility.
I'm super excited about this.
In case you're new to the blog, I've been a burlesque performer for 5 1/2 years.
Though, this past year, with competing, my shows have been fewer.

Once again, YaaY!

No comments: