Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Normalcy?

This is what I've done for the past five years....




(thank you Tamera Halbiesen!)

Nope, not just randomly sit on a sofa on the street in sequin under-things.
I've actually been a burlesque performer.
I haven't performed for the past few months while I was prepping.  I was always far too tired to try and make it out to the late night shows, but I am sliding back into the groove.

This was from my monthly girls' brunch this weekend.
What?  You and your girlfriends don't get dressed up all hootchie-like and take pictures in a crowded area of town?!
Ha!

I'm taking on a few shows.
the cash is nice.
Plus, I get to do crazy stuff.  Now, I can incorporate Fitness moves into my routines!!
I'm not your typical performer anyway ~ I've grown to love flesh toned bras with "pasties" sewn on too.
My persona is going to be doing more fitness-like routines rather than classical stuff.
We'll see how it's perceived...

Other than that, it's GROW time.
I am SO loving the food, the little bit of cardio and all of the lifting, heavy lifting!!!
If things progress, maybe I'll compete again later in the year.
I'd love to go in not as lean, with the right amount of muscle, and with some new moves incorporated into my routine.

Also, my coach and I have been scheming.  Maybe not scheming but planning.
She's helping me in a path to a new career.  She's hooked me up with some licensing organizations to see what paths I should take to begin.  I don't want to get my hopes up, but we've talked about me sort of interning and shadowing with her at her gym too.
Me becoming her student to learn, 
wax on, wax off Daniel-son.
We've also come up with some fun ideas concerning teaching healthy cooking, recipes and such.
Keeping my fingers crossed that things work out, or work out as they should and perhaps even more fun adventures will be on the horizon.

Just for fun, here's the re-do of the shirt that we got at the competition.
Got to make those big boys cuter!




Making some everyday cloth napkins!
(Some are going out as gifts.)




And hubby sent me just because....
Cute!!

 
 
 


2 comments:

Tenecia said...

All of this is so cool!!!!!

T.

Lacey said...

Ooohhh!! I've always wanted to do burlesque!