Saturday, 5 May 2012

I like it savory

I eat a lot of oats.
I have a shake with ground up oats after I wake.
Meal 2 has oats and eggs and such.

I'm not much on sweet for breakfast.
However, I love savory.
In experimenting, I came up with this.... a sort of jalapeno type custard/bread.

1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 cup of egg whites
1 whole organic egg
1 diced jalapeno, seed and all - I like it spicy!
Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle - I pour it liberally

I spray a ramekin with olive oil and pour in my beaten egg whites and one whole egg.
I mix in my diced jalapeno and Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle.
Lastly, I mix in my oats and about 2 T water.



Now, sometimes, I do add a slice of "cheddar veggie cheese" for a cheese jalapeno flavor.
 

 I use my handy dandy toaster oven and bake at 350 for about 25 minutes.
Sometimes, I also bake them the night before when I'm making dinner and throw it in the fridge for the next morning.  My ramekins have covers and then I can just throw them in my cooler for eating after the gym in the morning.
 

Nutritional Info:
286.5 calories,  7.5g fat, 28g carbs, 4g fiber, 1g sugar, 258.5mg sodium, 24.5g protein

If adding 1 "cheddar veggie slice" ADD :
40 calories, 2.5g fat, 220mg sodium and 3g protein!

326.5 calories, 478.5mg sodium, 27.5g protein

No comments: