Tuesday, 17 April 2012

Well, I did it.

I did it.
I competed in my first Fitness competition.
It was a super long day - mainly because there were over 100 Bikini Competitors!!
Hahaha, soon they'll need their own night of judging!

Anyway, there were only 4 of us Fitness gals.
I placed 4th out of 4.
I expected it, but you know, it's still a teeny bit deflating.
But those gals did wonderful.
Here's a few photos.

I will let you in on a little secret.
During the morning routine/judging my music skipped like crazy.
I got a little flustered, but did my whole routine anyway.
Don't ask me how it happened, but I broke my big toe.
I think with all the adrenaline, I didn't even notice until I went to put on my heels for the 1st Posing round of judging and was all "Oooooowwwwiiiie!"
This just proves that I'm a complete and utter klutz!

Thankfully, I had extra copies of my music and they gladly exchanged out my cd.
So for the night time show, that was all good!




Now, down to the nitty gritty.
I let this all get in my head.
I thought that I wouldn't, but I did.
I began to make the "placing" a part of my self-worth.
It wasn't for very long, just one day, but I got a little cray-cray.
You see because I could not stand outside of myself and be objective.
I've only gotten one judge's feedback so far.
In all honesty, what he said was true.
But I got my panties in a bunch for about an hour and was all defensive - in my living room mind you.
Then, I realized, "I have no skills in being given constructive criticism."
It's a fault that I have to work on, especially if I want to do this more.
 I have to step out of my own psyche and be honest with myself.
That's something that's very hard to do.
Lots of folks tell me that they can do that.
Yeah,  I thought that I could as well ~
apparently, not so much, hahaha.

I think this part is the hardest part of competing, for me.
Of course in my head, I think this and see this:


This has all been a learning experience for me.
I'm sure that it will definitely continue to be one.
I really had no clue what I was going into or what to expect.
Now, I have a slightly better understanding.
I just have to grow with it and not let any of it stunt my evolution.
Plus, when I'm old and gray, I'll have some badass pictures to show people when I'm in the home!

12 comments:

Lacey said...

You know though, going through what you are is almost a right of passage in competing. You work REALLY EFFING hard and want your placing to reflect how hard you feel like you've worked. That effort becomes a part of you, so I completely get that.

Aside from all of that, you look gorgeous on stage! GORGEOUS! You accomplished YOUR goal of getting up there. That is far beyond what 99% of the population can do. Most girls can't hold on like you did, diet like you did, workout like you did. You are an athlet LPM. I'm so so proud of you!! I'm looking forward to hearing what's next for you!!

FIGUR(E)-atively Speaking said...

Soooooo excited for you! You looked terrific! Would love to see a video of your routine, you look really cool in that pic all upside down and stuff. Great work!

Melissa Cunningham said...

agree with lacey here!!!!
i remember my very very first competition,and how crushed i was when i didn't make top 5! (when the #1 gal was visibly drunk and had cottage cheese in her booty!!!)however,i went in that show clueless,blind and thinking that just because i was in awesome shape i would win.....boy was i humbled!lol!!!
but you live,you learn,you grow as an individual!

anyways,be proud of yourself for making the journey to the stage!!!cant wait to see what you do next!!!

Michelle in N. Cal said...

Congrats! You looked fantastic! I placed last out of 5 girls in my first (and last lol) comp. I was upset and super deflated because I was expecting to at least place 4th, but you are right, you have some bad-ass pics and the experience under your belt and no one can ever take that away from you!

Lapetitemort said...

Thank you all!
I would love to compete again, but I think I need to do a little more work on my physique and routine after seeing what I will be up against.
And, I'll need to toughen up. I get sensitive, and I'm trying to learn to change that and not take things as personal, but a guide to get better. =)
All in all it was a very positive experience.

The Glamorous Housewife said...

You look AMAZING! I can't believe all the work you did. As for toughening up, just as you needed time and practice to make your body strong, you also need time and practice to make your MIND strong- it doesn't come overnight. After competing a few times you will realize what is constructive criticism and what is bull sheet. Just remember you are a badass unicorn, and 99.9% of people have NEVER done what you did.

Thanks doll,
The Glamorous Housewife

Athena said...

You seriously blew me away - skipping music or not, I thought you did AMAZING. You should be SOOOOOO incredibly proud of yourself. How many women out there can do what you did??? And yeah, like they always say the first comp is about learning. I'm sorry if some of the feedback was negative though... it's hard not to take something we've worked SO hard for personally. I'm excited to watch how you continue to grow and progress. Do you think you'll compete again this year?

Tenecia said...

No matter how many shows you do, you'll always be sensitive...I think it's part of being judged by strangers for what they see & not what they know about you!

You should be proud - you set a goal of stepping on stage & you achieved that!!! Bravo!!!

T.

Chelle Stafford said...

I cannot say it enough... I am so darn proud of what you've accomplished! Preparing for the stage is a challenge unlike any other - if it was easy, everyone would do it, right? YOU are not everyone. YOU kicked A$$! YOU are a badass unicorn!! ;-)

Git It Girl said...

Congratulations! You did it!
You are a winner! You made it to the stage and I am so proud of you.
On top of that, you looked amazing!

I am so sorry about your toe. I can't imagine the pain! OUCHIE!!!

I am sitting here clapping my hands for you. ((Virtual Hand Claps!))

Andrea Lianne said...

I think you looked amazing!!! Fantastic job and you should be proud of yourself girl!!! *hugs*

Donloree said...

AWESOME! So proud of you lady, you creamed it! The first show is always an event, more learning than anything. You're awesome and THAT is all that matters!