Tuesday, 10 April 2012

Hmmmmmmm, BAM

You know, I've spent countless years scrutinizing photos and magazines of women's bodies.
Hell, I scrutinize the buff babes at the gym.
I am in awe,
a little jealous even.
I believe it's become even worse during this time of competition prep.
I compare how my abs are not as defined as theirs.
I long to have arms that look flexed even when relaxed.
I want a ba-dunk-a-dunk that is round and perky and firm...
like that gal over there.

Then, today as I was prepping even more 99% Fat Free ground turkey with less than 70 mg of sodium per 4oz, throwing in containers with 2 boiled egg whites and scurrying all around the kitchen, something hit me.

BAM!

I will never be happy with the progress that I've made if I keep trying to compare me with them.
It stops now.
I'm me.
I'll be the way that I want and not try to conform or subscribe to what anyone else wants me to be.
I'll be the best me that I can be.
I've come a long way baby.
So this Saturday is the big day.
Screw all the pressures of "placing."
I just want to have fun and be in the moment and enjoy this experience.

I popped out my mirror, threw it in the kitchen and snapped a few pics.

Smile, it's all good!


I'm proud even if it's not magazine material. =-p


5 comments:

Lacey said...

UH YEAH, you're being way to harsh on yourself because in my book... your abs look amazing! This is YOUR time to shine baby!! Time to get what's yours and have fun!!! :)

Athena said...

Pretty sure that IS magazine material. You look INCREDIBLE!!! (But yeah, I understand the comparison thing.) I'm so happy for you and I know you are going to do amazing and look amazing up there!

Tenecia said...

I see abs!!! Get it, girl!

T.

Donloree said...

I see fantabulous abs! You're doing awesome. If you are going to compare, compare yourself to YOU! It is the only measurement that matters.

Git It Girl said...

Hello ABS! Those are rocking abs. You look amazing and ready for the stage in your pics. I'd put you in a magazine!!