Monday, 23 April 2012

Getting Back to Normal

I won't lie.
I spent most of last week trying to get on the new nutrition plan my coach made up for me.
As I said before, we're now trying to build muscle since I'm pretty much lean now -
funny, I never thought I'd say that about myself.

However, there were many times during the week that I'd do this:


There were cocktails and a few splurges along the way.
So, today I'm trying to follow the new plan and routine.
Honestly though, it's a little freaky.
There's so much more food!  There's so much more variety of food.
There's treats involved!
There's also a ton less working out.
Or should I rather say, I only have to do cardio 3x a week for 20 minutes in my target heart rate zone?
Now, granted, I never had to do more than 30 minutes during my whole prep, but I was doing it 5 to 6 times a week.
It's just strange for me.
However, I completely trust my coach, her background and education and certifications in all of this.
She keeps it sane and not extreme or crazy.
I like that.
I like that a ton!
Plus, I learn from her.
That's a super nice perk too.

Just so you know.... I am a cookbook, recipe junkie.
Every time that I go to the library to exchange reading materials, I also pick up at least three cookbooks.
I LOVE food.  I also love finding really interesting recipes and trying to tweak them to fit into my lifestyle.
I think that I probably have mentioned this before, no?
Right now, I've got Gordon Ramsay's Just Desserts, Vegan Brunch and Volume 1 of Julia Child's French Cooking.
I'm also reading
 
It's really good, as she mixes her experiences of moving to France and recipes in the chapters.
I also get a little boost because my French comes back to me when she writes phrases in the language.
Now, I feel the urge to pull out some materials and brush up!
 

2 comments:

Lacey said...

YAYYY! Congrats girl! You look amazing and so happy! .... I can't wait to be in that place!! lol

Amanda said...

I have to agree with Lacey. Your hard work has definitely paid off. Congrats!

Best Wishes,
Amanda