Friday, 9 March 2012

Day 138 & Officially 5 Weeks Out

Hmmmmm, where to begin?
I feel good, yet, I am apprehensive.
Had posing and routine practice today.
My coach thinks that I have the perfect Bikini Category body.
That's great.
But.
I don't want to switch categories.
Yeah, I'd probably be better off because Bikini has age categories.
Fitness.
Does.
Not.
Yep, I'm going to be lumped with all those youngin's...
And I will be weeks away from 39.
Granted, I don't think of myself as old.
Far from it, as I still try to chase youth - whether that be good or bad.
So now, I'm on a quest to build bigger.
This may mean that in my first competition, I will not place well.
I can accept that.
I want to have that physique though.
I know now that I'm not ripped enough.
What does that mean?
It means I have to dig deep.
Work harder.
Lift more.
Lift heavier.
Will I be perfect come April 14th?
No.
Granted, my routine will be awesome because (according to my coach) I have the strength moves and flexibility moves down.
Hopefully in 5 weeks it will also be flawless.

So, what now?
I'm looking for future competitions.
So that I can compete with a ripped body.
=)

5 comments:

Andrea Hill said...

I'm really looking forward to hearing all about the competition! I feel like I'd be willing to stand up on stage but the actual "routine" part of it scares me!

I was just in Columbus last weekend for the Arnold and it was so cool to see the different competitors. Although, it did help me realize that I don't actually want to be as muscular as I thought.. there is a point that would be "too much" for me!

Lapetitemort said...

Oh my! I was just reading through your blog, and you, ma'am are freaking' hardcore!!! Love it!! You give me inspiration for future endeavors!

Git It Girl said...

You are going to look so great! I can tell by your pictures that you look stage ready and getting on stage will make you a winner!

Only 5 more weeks :o)

Go Git It!!!!

Donloree said...

You're going to do awesome!!! Bodybuilding is measured in YEARS, so you are on the right path!

Lapetitemort said...

Thank you for all of the encouragement, ladies!
Just going to keep on keeping on and build it up! Small goals to get to bigger goals!