Monday, 16 January 2012

Monday Munchies (and a Body Stat Update)

I've made this twice so far, slightly two different ways.
Both times it came out really good.
I know many of you are not familiar with shrimp mirliton casserole, but
it's often made by my family and many others, especially around the holidays in Louisiana.
Usually there are large amounts of Italian breadcrumbs and some more Parmesan cheese.


Here's how I made it last night.

1 1/2 cups of zucchini (diced)
1 minced clove garlic
a little diced onion, maybe 1 to 2 Tablespoons
about 1 teaspoon diced jalapeno

Italian Seasoning
Mrs. Dash Spicy Seasoning

1/2 cup baby spinach
4 oz. raw shrimp

Optional:
1 Tablespoon 0% Fat Greek Yogurt
1 Tablespoon low-fat Parmesan

I "saute" the zucchini, onion, jalapeno and garlic in a little water.
I let the water evaporate, add more water a little at a time if need be to get these soft.
Eventually, though, you don't want any water left.

I add quite a bit of Italian Seasoning (to replicate the Italian Breadcrumb taste)
and a few sprinkles of the Mrs. Dash Spicy.

Then, I throw in the shrimp and spinach.  Usually the spinach and shrimp get done around the same time.




I plop this in a bowl.
Adding 1 Tablespoon of low-fat grated Parmesean makes it delicious.

Last night, I skipped it because I was feeling like something creamier.
So, I added 1 Tablespoon 0% Fat Greek Yogurt and mixed it up.
It was just as delicious.




Another success was the 
These are a little bit of heaven in your mouth.
I feel them becoming a staple in my repertoire.



And taking a lesson from yesterday's post,
I enjoyed some coffee in my Mum-in-Law's old cup & saucer.

Next step is to start using my vintage Milk Glass set.

I have to admit that it did feel good to be a little fancy with my coffee.
I did feel more charming, haha.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Today was Body Stat checks!
Down 1.63% body fat in seven days!
Woohoo!
Weight is 110 pounds.
I'm still at 20.31% body fat, but now that I'm full on and not cheating I'm losing
more than 1% a week.

And as a side note, I'm 5' 3/4" tall, 38 years old.
Not too shabby.  =D




4 comments:

The Glamorous Housewife said...

Thought of you today when I saw this website:
http://www.bodyrock.tv/2012/01/03/day-2-of-our-30-day-challenge-good-feeling-workout/

Thought of you again as I decided to not eat cookies, but have 2% greek yogurt with frozen blueberries, a sprinkle of cinammon, and a little drizzle of honey for dessert.

Thanks doll,
The Glamorous Housewife

Lacey said...

Great job on that loss lady!!! :D

OMG how much I miss shrimp...

Donloree said...

Not too shabby? How about FABULOUS? :D

Lapetitemort said...

YaaY GHW!! Thank you for the link as well. =)

Lacey, why can't you have shrimp? booooooo, I love my seafood. =) That would make me incredibly bummed out.

Donloree, Thank you!