Wednesday, 14 December 2011

Day 52 ~ Becoming More Diligent

I am trying to become more diligent in my cardio.
Yeah, I skip it A LOT.
So, I'm trying to make it a habit and do it the requisite number and length that I'm supposed to.
Also, last night, after coming home from my training session, I began dinner.
Husband was drinking a dark, foamy Guiness.
I broke down and had 2 Stella Artois.
However, they didn't have the wonderful taste nor satisfaction that I would normally feel from them.
In fact, I was quite blah about them afterwards.
What the hell is wrong with me?!
Maybe completely cutting out the alcohol from after New Year's until my first competition won't be all that bad.

So, I'm making an effort to do my cardio, correctly from here on out.
No half-arsed attempts.
All in.

Now, I must continue to work on flexibility and strength moves too.
Need to make those look effortless eventually.

Here are two of my favorite fitness routines from the 2011 Olympia.
Tanji placed 2nd.
Jodi wasn't in the top 5, but her routine just stuck with me as a favorite.



Now, on a crafty side note. 
I tried making some t-shirt yarn from old tees.
I just starting cutting and continuously spiraled up cutting until you reach the arms.
I wound up with a big pile of ribbon.




So I began to roll a ball, stretching the fabric as I rolled it.
It tubes up and becomes skinny.
I gave it a try and made a little chain stitch.




I worked!
Now I know that I can use it to make other crafty things
rather than just cut them into rags to use for cleaning around the house,
which we have TONS of.


4 comments:

The Glamorous Housewife said...

Not drinking is the hardest part about getting into shape. I love my merlot! LOL! Btw, when and where is your first show?

Thanks doll,
The Glamorous Housewife

Lapetitemort said...

I've cut back drastically on the amount that I do imbibe in, LoL. We are that couple that like to have wine or cocktails in the evening or a bottle (or two) of wine out at dinner. I LOVE cabs and zins. My vino will be hard to not have after New Year's.

My first show is supposed to be a NPC Novice show in Denver, March 18th. I'm hoping to pull it off and not make a fool of myself. That is the goal =D

Lacey said...

I would love to see you do some kind of cute/burlesque type routine :) Since it fits your personality! Do you follow Carlanna over at Trim N Taut? (trimntaut.blogspot.com) AWESOME fitness competitor!

Lapetitemort said...

No but I will now! I'm always looking for fitness competitors to follow. Thank you!

It's so hard deciding on my theme and music because my ideas run rampant in my head!