Tuesday, 20 December 2011

Breakfast Redo

One of my morning meals is
oats (amount depending on what I'm doing that day)
1 T ground flax
1 whole egg
1/2c egg whites
(can add cinnamon or whatever)

Most of you know this can get repetitive.
I have been playing with ways to vary it up -
muffin style.
It makes them great to have in cooler with a boiled egg, ready to be munched after my morning cardio.
(I usually have a protein shake 30 minutes after waking and then hit the gym.)

I should note that doing this you can always pour this into a non-stick (or sprayed) pan and make them into a pancake form.

Now, I'm sure many folks out there who have been competing for a while already know this,
but I was all excited to figure it out.
Better later than never!


I grind my oats in the coffee grinder,
 add 1/2 packet raw stevia, cinnamon,1 T flax and 1/2 cup egg whites and mix.

Recently, I've been adding in little extras.

1/2 t Lemon Extract and lemon zest, sometimes a squeeze of fresh lemon juice for a lemon-y treat.
When I'm craving savory, I dice up jalapeno and put in the seeds too, 
add some chili powder, cumin, cayenne and get a southwestern-y treat.
(I also have been known to throw in 1 T low-fat shredded cheese.)

I think that I'm going to invest in these stevia syrups that I've seen as well.
I keep thinking they could liven up some stuff.

This morning I was in the mood for some lemon!
Here's the little guys pre-baked.


Here they are after and ready to be devoured!
With a few a huge cup of Dunkin Donuts Mocha Mint Coffee! (black)

 
Look they're even Christmas themed.

No comments: