Sunday, 13 November 2011

Even More Adventures on the Horizon





I am going to be in training to teach boot camp/fitness classes.
Yep, I'm a coach in training.
YaaY!
They even do paid training.
Granted, it's not very much, but right now I'm earning zilch so this is great for me!
I'm super excited.
I am hoping to start training this week.
I'll be taking the BCOR Boot Camp Level 1 Coach certification (ACE) right before Christmas.

For me, this is a great way for me to get my foot in the door to begin teaching group exercise classes.
It will also give me the experience that I lack.
I also get to help folks get motivated and hopefully help them on their journey of getting fit.

Maybe this will get my butt in gear to finally finish studying and to take the full on
ACE Group Fitness Instructor Certification.
I'd also like to take trainings and certifications for other types of classes.
Teach varying classes at different places.
Perhaps eventually, I'll become a personal trainer, learn even more nutrition,
figure out all the ins and outs of competition training & diet and help those who would like to do that?

Okay, I should stop getting ahead of myself!

But I really am going to have to start utilizing a day planner.
My trainer hooked me up with teeny group training, just one other girl and myself.
This way I pay 1/2 price per training session, SWEET!
That's going to be 2x a week.
I will have to attend five boot camp classes to get a feel for how their classes run
(I get paid to do this!)
I plan on doing one a week right now.
Hopefully I can squeeze in one more though.
I have to get in my workouts that I have to do on my own.
Any performances that I book.
Fat pinching, I mean body fat/measuring, assessments scheduled weekly.
Then, any other things that pop up.
Luckily, the VFW sent a really nice little hardback one recently, plus several wall calendars -
I will be writing all over those so that the husband isn't all confused when I'm not home, haha.

I still have to print out the paper work, w-4's and such to get turned in for the boot camp job.
So much going on!
But it's good!


Oh, I have to throw this in.
I'm a little obsessed with this site right now.
Makes me want to drool every time I visit it.
I mean look at these cupcakes!

2 comments:

Athena said...

Congrats! That's so exciting! Maybe I'll come to one of your classes after you start teaching. Oh, and I'm starting burlesque classes today! :)

Lapetitemort said...

Congrats on burlesque classes!
I (obviously) thoroughly enjoyed it!