Tuesday, 4 October 2011

The Trend the Past Week - Blowing It!

I follow many blogs,
especially ladies who compete.
In case, you didn't notice my new obsession.

summed up the latest of what I have been reading,
diet meltdown.

Actually, MuscleBombshell.com had an article called


GIT IT GIRL! had

There were more as well this week.
I have to say that this weekend, I blew mine!
There were far too many cocktails, food that I have not been eating, bad processed food late at night, cheese!

So, reading all of these stories while I was hungover Monday morning, 
(by the way, it was the husband's birthday this weekend, lol)
I am getting back on track again.

I am trying not to feel too guilty, as the past two weeks I had done really well with
great changes in my body.
So, it's back to the regimen.
Heck, this is the first time EVER that I am packing food in my suitcase for vacation!
And we're going home to New Orleans?!
What the hell am I thinking?

I did tell my trainer that I planned on having beignets at least once and
a freaking Port O Call Burger (best burgers ever, ever, ever!)
because I haven't had one in over 5 years, lol.

She was totally cool with that, YaaaaaY!


Plus, the best-est ever happened last night.
My trainer called me to check in (because I won't be seeing her for 2 weeks) and to thank me for referring someone to her.
She's giving me tons of referral cards to hand out because she said
that she could tell that I was going to become a walking billboard for her, woohoo!
What a great compliment!

Because I have dreams of this:
(linked from Crazy Concepts Blog)

and this:



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

On another note, I am setting up an etsy store.
I've begun the works, but have not listed anything yet since
we will be out of town.

When we get back, I am planning on listing a bunch of vintage clothing that I have hoarded
plus, handmade items that have a vintage/mod/kitsch feel to them.
My handmade items will be useful besides just cute too.
Depending on how my skills progress in the clothing department,
I may begin reconstructing and up-cycling garments to give them new homes too.

 (me in a vintage wedding dress photographed by




4 comments:

Lacey said...

I am so glad you found my blog! I definitely enjoy connecting with other cheese whores.
And if you don't have a beignet at Cafe Du Monde (or elsewhere, I've only had theirs), I'll bat at you the very few French swear words I know and do New Orleans absolutely no justice.
You look lovely in the photo below too! :)

Lapetitemort said...

Thank you!
And, of course Cafe Du Monde, lol!!
It used to be a weekend tradition of ours so I HAVE to do it!!
I'm glad that I found your blog as well - totally motivational!!

The Glamorous Housewife said...

Merlot is always my downfall. I get loosened up after one glass and think, 'oh what the heck, i'll just have one more'. So i have another an then I think, 'boy am I hungry!' And then I eat my kitchen.

Thanks doll,
The Glamorous Housewife

Lapetitemort said...

Mine is a good cab or zin, then I'm exactly the same! I am cutting hunks off of blocks of cheese and pulling out dark chocolate!

=)