Thursday, 8 September 2011

Remember when I made the 

Well, I tweaked them again today.


1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
  2 tablespoons sugar
  2 tablespoons vegetable oil
one container of all natural applesauce (a snack pack size)
1 large egg, at room temperature
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
zucchini, coarsely grated (about 1 cup)
3-oz dark semisweet chocolate chips
water as needed

Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners, or I use a silicone muffin tray.

In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together.  In the bowl mix the sugar, oil, applesauce egg, and vanilla.  Add to the flour mixture and mix, adding water until it's a nice thick, creamy consistency.  Use a rubber spatula to fold in the zucchini and chocolate chips.

Divide the batter evenly among the prepared liners/muffin pan.  I used a 1/4 cup scoop per muffin.  Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the tops spring back when lightly pressed.  Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let the muffins cool for 5 minutes before removing them to the rack to cool completely.



And there they are!
With the plethera of veggies we're getting from the garden, I've been trying to make different things.
Since we have a slight taste of fall weather, I made a vegan chili.
Pretty much threw everything but the sink in it:
Zucchini (of course!), sweet potato, garlic, onion, jalapeno, dried chiles, celery,
corn, pinto beans, tomatoes, oregano, thyme, smoked paprika,
chili powder, cumin, corriander, pepper, a splash liquid smoke and
dashes of cinnamon & nutmeg (sounds weird, tastes good!)
I really can't remember what else I threw in, lol!!




Here's some of the veggies that came from the garden this morning.


And on a side note, I received the nicest "fan" mail on my alter-ego FB today.
Made me all happy to hear that someone enjoyed my acts and could tell that 
I put a lot of thought into my characters and back story.  YaaY


 

1 comment:

v8grrl said...

those look so good!!!!

yum...I'm gonna make chili tomorrow....Ive decided