Tuesday, 27 September 2011

Halloween Inspiration - Part 2

Remember how I said I wanted to recreate the outfit this photo?




Well, I'm going about it with my own interpretation.
It's obviously a different shape.
I don't know how to draft true patterns, so just have to fake it through.
The fabric that I bought was a little thin so to get some poof to the skirt I psuedo-pleated it.

Here's the base dress.
I have not put on closures yet.
Now, I have to work on cutouts.
=)




I have great purple glittered heels.
With that in mind, I'm making the head piece out of purple sequinned fabric.
Though, I think mine may turn out more cap/turban like.

Hopefully, I'll have it done before the first Halloween shows that I'm booked for next month.

Then, I'll be scouting for a fun, vintage Halloween song.

1 comment:

The Glamorous Housewife said...

Looks great! Cant wait to see the finished product.

Thanks doll,
The Glamorous Housewife