Tuesday, 19 July 2011

Screw You Yoga X and other delightful thoughts

So, I'm on week 2 of P90X - Lean Program.
My only complaint is Yoga X.
Really an hour and a half of flippin' vinyasas of Downward Dog series.
After 45 minutes, I can't be upside down anymore.
I'm sure it will get better over time, but blah.
I'm still hitting the gym too.
I should have, but did not, take a rest day this past week.
Here's yesterday's gym pics for ya.





Here's a quickie of my Meal 3 today.
I skipped on the baked sweet potato because, really, I was full.
I still am and don't see how I'll fit in three more meals.



So, the salad is lettuces from the garden, pea shoots (growing in a bowl in my fridge),
grape tomatoes.
Then, we have a scrumptious 4oz turkey burger on a bed of lettuce (guess where from),
with some mustard, a few slices of avocado, grape tomatoes and thin sliced zucchini from
the garden as well.  I was thinking of picking some fresh dill and seeing if it
would give a little pickle flavor to the sandwich.
Oh! The bread is whole wheat slim slices - the store brand because they were better
in the nutritional values than the name brand.
Go figure.


I have taken the plunge.
I bought my first protein powder.
Why?
Well, I'm tempted by all of these amazing recipes that I see with them as the ingredients.
Muffins, ice cream, cakes....
All using other clean ingredients that make them less calories and fat, 
but can be eaten as a recovery treat or breakfast or one of my mini-meals.
I mean, check out the spread in Oxygen Magazine this month, all those "treats"?!

And then there's Recipe For Fitness' blog.
She has amazing recipes!
You should go check out her blog to see her transformation.
She's training for a competition right now, too.
So, go cheer her on!
Oh & she's also one of Oxygen's success stories in this issue!
Go Chelle!

I am no connoisseur of  such things.
So, I just went to Tarjay and read the labels.
Looked for one with lots of protein, the least sugar and compared them.
I wound up taking home EAS 100% Whey Protein Powder in Vanilla.
I haven't tried it yet, but maybe I'll try the shake tonight, then begin
experimenting with baking with it.


And for your enjoyment, my morning D'oh, I'm so freaking lazy.
For some reason this morning, I got out of bed and decided to go downstairs and do the Kenpo X.
I threw on some socks and tennis shoes.
What I did not do, however, was dress.
I mean, I had on a tee and underwear. That should be good enough for my living room.
Uh, dorkus, remember a sports bra next time.
Nothing like an hour of of Kenpo free-boobing.
I was not stopping to go back up and put one on either - my own darn fault.
I wanted that hour to be over, lol.

No comments: