Saturday, 2 July 2011

My Love ~ My Garden

My favorite thing to do is garden.
I mean, you get to enjoy the actual fruits (& vegetables)
of your labor, literally.
This is a view of most of our garden boxes. 
Oh & our solar lights strung up on our fence.
Next year, we'll add even more boxes.




We have so many things growing.
Squash - zuchinni, yellow & delicata & Amish pie pumpkin
Corn - tri, sweet & strawberry
Beets, radishes, carrots, fennel
Chard & kale
Tomatoes - Purple Cherokee, Purple Calabash, cherry
Black beans, peas, red beans,
Pak Choy
herbs
onions, garlic, chive, shallot
Potatoes - red, blue & russet
Sunflowers
Blueberries, Blackberries
Okra
Brussel Sprouts
Eggplant
Strawberries
An artichoke
Lettuces!

Check out my lettuces & spinach!
We also have a self-pollinating smooth kiwi vine,
concord grape vine,
and baby plum tree
and I'm sure that I'm forgetting things.
But this is what makes me happy.

1 comment:

Queen of the Trailer Park said...

Soooo jealous! I would love to have a gardedn! We live in a townehouse with a pavered patio : (
I did set up some rigged up planters on the fence, they only have succulents in'em...but I do have some green : )