Monday, 25 July 2011

Cooking Gadgets!

I love to go thrifting.
Quite often, I come up with nothing.
This past week, though, I found some fun kitchen stuff.



I found this group of 12 mini bundt pans for $1.
They are a little bigger than a cupcake.
Sam & I thought they'd be perfect when I make rum cakes for parties and gifts.
Plus, I can just play with all sorts of other recipes that I have been wanting to try with them
- clean and healthy, perhaps-
Then, there were these two iridescent Fire King Oven Ware bows.
Perfect for us because I like to make side dishes in single serving bowls for us.
Plus, I use out little toaster oven to heat up leftovers for us.
We're those weird people who don't own a microwave or dishwasher.

Then because we have never been to the fancy
Cherry Creek Shopping Center, we went Saturday.
We parked by the "mall" part and walked around all the outside stores across the way, had
awesome sushi lunch with some refreshing gin/ginger/mango cocktails
(so much for me avoiding alcohol while trying to shape up).
Then, we headed back across and perused the stores inside.

I'm a sucker for the kitchen stores so we popped in
That's where I got a French Taper Pin and two awesome cookie cutters ($1 each).



I feel some baking coming on!

Later that evening, I had girlfriends come up to visit from New Orleans (home).
Needless to say, I had 3 beers over the course of five hours that night.

Just because, here was this morning's workout and a piece of my Meal 1.
Oats with cinnamon (just waiting for me to pour the water over and cover) and
fresh canteloupe!



Have a good one!

No comments: