Saturday, 14 May 2011

Quiet

Today was my 38th.
My husband was good as always.
Even my boss got us a pizza and salad and they sang 
"Happy Birthday"
(now if my payroll checks wouldn't come back NSF, it would be pure awesomeness!)

Not to get all wha, wha, wha...
but I had two other people remember today.
(ok, i won't count my parents because, well, they have too, hehe)
Wow, after all the cards, texts, phone calls, gifts, emails that I send all year long.

I'm not going to lie.
I feel deserted by my friends.
Friends I considered family.

But that's enough.
I got books!
I got a wristband to hook my iPod nano to.
I got a fancy, turquoise rhinestoned octopus necklace.
I got more Twilight Zone audiobooks! (SCORE)
I got family and a few friends who rock my world.
I have a job where I can be creative.
(Even though it has the problems of small independent businesses
these days)

I got love.
I got yummy foods.
I got furry kids.
I got fun.
I got glitter.
I got sparkles.
I got it.
<3

4 comments:

Queen of the Trailer Park said...

Happy Happy Birthday to you!
Sending you some Birthday Love from cyberspace : )

Lapetitemort said...

Thanks
=)

I think I'm just being boo-hoo cuz I'm feeling old today...
time for a little vino!

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you've been having a rough time lately, but there are also some wonderful things you mentioned.

Best Wishes,
Amanda

v8grrl said...

Happy happy joy joy