Sunday, 20 March 2011

Asleep by 8?! - Worn out & looking for a new look.



I really like my new job.  It is insanely busy.  So much so that by the time that I look at the clock it's 1:30 or so, and I try to make it out of there by 3pm.
The bad part about it is that I rarely stop long enough to drink any water or shove anything in my mouth.
I usually have good intentions and eat breakfast before I leave for the bus and even pack a lunch box with boiled eggs, carrot sticks, sliced fruit, yogurt, etc.
Very rarely, though, do I eat any of it.
I really have to make an effort to stop.
It is very hard with oven timers going off while you are building 20 or more tortes or 36 eclairs or dipping a few hundred cookies or icing 100 cupcakes plus running up front to wait on customers or stock the front case or make up and box special orders, moving around 50lb bags of flours, helping to lift and take down a 100lb roller....whew.
I have been wearing my iPod Nano because it has a pedometer.  I get close to my 10,000 steps on the days that I take the bus.  I take the bus Tuesdays through Fridays and then when the husband is home I either take the car or he drops me off and picks me up.  
I have developed corns. =\  
Sexy, isn't it?


I haven't been to the gym in almost a month.  That would mean that I would have to walk an extra 4 miles a day to put in the weight workout.
I am embarrassed to say that I am worn out.
I get home from walking from the bus stop, take the dogs out, vacuum, cook, wash dishes, pack up the lunch that I won't eat, shower the creams, chocolate and powdered sugar and cocoa off and plop down in bed to wake up the 2 hours before I have to be at work to get the walking and bus ride there.
See, I'm embarrassed that this job is wearing me out in 8 hours worth of work where I used to work 12 or more hours a day with no problem.  Of course, my old job was a desk job.  
Being an assistant pastry chef means no sitting all day, unless I happen to go take a quick pee-pee break.



I am trying to rationalize this by saying once my husband gets his new position that he has been promised next month (with a take home vehicle) that I will drive to the gym either before work, or after.  I'm thinking before work will work out better since I'm getting up 2 hours before anyway.  In the meantime, I've ordered the whole P90X online - I'm sure it's bootleg as I found out through the tracking info that it's coming from China.  Hey, it said that it's in English and will play in my VCR.  Of course, it will probably take til next month to get here, haha.

I broke down and made an appointment to get my hair cut.  I have a weird deal about paying to get my hair done.  When I was young (and when we still lived in the metro New Orleans area), my aunt always did my hair.  So, I got really used to not having to dish out the exorbitant prices of salons.
Tomorrow, I'm going in.  I want something drastic and different.  I'm bring ideas, but going to see what this stylist thinks will match my face.  When I ask folks who are stylists they all say the same haircut - the one I do myself every summer - shaved up the back and angled to right below my chin.
I like that cut, but want something different.  Hopefully, we can come up with something new.
Otherwise, well, nice to have met you but I can do this cut at home.

I dig this, and I can totally do finger waves.

I also love this, but going this short on my pumpkin face would probably not work.




I also like this chick's rad do.




Who knows what I'll come home with tomorrow.  
Then, we'll talk coloring it.

Edited to add: 
See how my brain is worn out?  I put VCR!?!

 



3 comments:

Manuel Sierra said...

Interesting new look

Lapetitemort said...

I haven't done anything yet. Just looking at other people's style. =)

Amanda said...

I know what you mean about paying for a haircut. My mom used to cut mine. A salon is always expensive, so I usually go months without a cut.

From your pics, I would choose the first one. You could do some cool finger waves or a whole Josephine Baker look. Also, if you didn't like the dramatic cut, it would grow out faster.