Monday, 21 February 2011

Oh the irony! ~ back into the working world

So, I've been working out, eating right, getting healthy!  So how did I wind up in this lucky place?  

I have been working randomly from home for the past four years.  I do not enjoy my job, but it was convenient.  For poops and giggles, I applied for a job that I saw on Craiglist about a week ago.  This past Thursday, I received a call to come in for an interview this past Friday.  Well, lo and behold, I got it! (on a probationary trial, of course)  

What is the job you ask?


Well, it is a Baker/Pastry Assistant!
Yes, dream of dreams come true!
And the even better part?  They are going to train me and move me on up that latter.
Excitement!
I never thought that I would even stand a chance considering all of these people with professional pastry experience who have gone to all of the fancy culinary schools.
Of course, I will be starting at the very bottom, doing dishes, decorating cookies and other tasks, but I will be surrounded by YUM!!

I start tomorrow morning.

We'll see how my waistline fares.  Will definitely be making changes to my workout times and schedule.

2 comments:

v8grrl said...

woop!!!!
yes!!! congrats Princess!
this is so awesome I can't wait to hear all about it!

Betsy said...

Congrats on the dream job! You might just get so sick of looking at all the sweet stuff everyday that you won't be tempted..... :)