Wednesday, 15 September 2010

Food journals, food, exercise & Halloween Housewares

You know what? Keeping a food journal is harder than it seems. Every morning, I start off fine, but by afternoon I slack. Maybe I should try taking a picture with my cell phone to keep track so that I can always go back and write it down?

Speaking of food, Oxygen has a bunch of wonderful comfort foods tweaked to be clean in the newest issue. You can bet that I will be trying some out, especially the Chicken Parmigiana and the mac n cheese! You can check out other recipes here. Good news for vegetarians and vegans, they have been tweaking recipes to be veggie & vegan and even devoting menu plans to that as well, and in the Eat Clean Diet books as well!

And found the quickest, easiest way to make oatmeal thanks to Tosca Reno's Eat Clean book. I always put on a tea kettle in the morning for my Celestial Seasonings peppermint herbal tea. So, what you do is you put 1/2 oats in a bowl, pour the boiling water over it and stick a plate on top. It sits for about 10 minutes while you are doing all of your other stuff and voila! Cooked oats, no pot or anything. I usually throw in fresh berries (frozen if fresh isn't available) or some chopped banana and tablespoon of all natural nut butter! Yum!

I have been exercising, but am still trying to make a plan of what I want to do on what days. I am really loving running/walking and working up to longer periods actually in the jogging stage, YaaY! I have only been doing yoga one day a week. I just have to figure out how to work my schedule to fit in my Jackie/Jillian dvd's so that I'm not unable to walk the next day or on a day before a rest day would be ideal. I may actually do my runs in the morning and then try to fit in a video or weight routine afterward or in the evening. Just still playing on what will work best for me.

Now, on for fun stuff!

Last Friday, I went to a sleepover. Yes, 37 and to a burlesque girls sleep over! I thought that I had prepared myself armed with 2 bottles of organic wine, a huge veggie tray hummus, and I made some eat clean chocoloate almond biscotti. However, my will did not last. There was gorging on yummy sleep over food, mixed drinks, karaoke and dancing. I did have enough sense to bring a liter of water and had quit drinking early and just drank water - I did not however quit the eating. Needless to say, there was no sleeping and at 4:15am I just went home to sleep my two hours in my bed. It was tons of fun, I felt like a teenager again. Awesome sauce!

Tar-jay has been putting out their Halloween stuff, double YaaY! I LOVE this throwback vintage thing that they are doing! I am tempted to buy these table runners. But me? Well, I leave Halloween stuff out all year long, and these would be out A LOT!


These are plastic place mats, but oh so cute!



And these paper decorations remind me of the ones that we had taped up in our windows when I was a wee little ghoulie!


Ahhh, my most favorite time of the year! And I bought a huge bag of the Autumn Harvest candy corns! So NOT clean! But I have been eating way less than a package serving size when I do indulge... Yes, I want to add candy corn and peeps to my cupcake tattoo at some point.

No comments: