Monday, 30 August 2010

Garden of the Gods

This past long weekend, my in-laws came in. We had so much fun running all over the place. We headed up to Boulder and ate at a restaurant called Salt. They had wonderful food all of the organic & local variety.

Friday, we headed to the King Tut exhibit. I had seen the King Tut exhibit when I was little back in the late 70s, early 80s home in New Orleans. It was beautiful this time, but I was a little disappointed that it had been so scaled back. The exhibit seemed to be more just Egyptian artifacts in general and less to do with Tut. I do realize that many of the artifacts have gotten to a state where they cannot "tour" but I was still slightly disappointed.

Saturday, we headed down to the Springs. We basically did the driving loop around the Garden of the Gods because my in-laws were not up for walking/hiking. Sam and I have decided to go back though and do the hiking trails. Look how gorgeous just this area is.





Ok, this tee was just too funny to pass up not taking a picture of.



Afterward, we headed to the Cave of the Winds. We did the short tour with the in-laws, and yet again, Sam and I want to go back and do the longer lantern tour. Then, we did a drive through of Mantitou Springs. There was a walk/run going on and a festival so the in-laws did not feel like going around in the hustle and bustle. We will be going back for the coffin races in October!

All in all, it was a fun time (with many different fun restaurants and wine and food!) Sam and I have found some extra activities that we would like to go do. This week, Sam will be doing ~horror~ the bikini pictures of me, and I will be filling out the form for the 3rd Annual Eat Clean Diet Challenge.

If nothing else, it's motivation for me. Bye, bye fat!


No comments: